Wednesday, February 3, 2021

A Homemade Adjustable Flask Clamp/Holder/Stand For Neck Flasks and Test Tubes

This article describes a simple - yet efficient - holder/stand/clamp designed
to hold glassware during different procedures in the laboratory. This is a project made with recycled materials in an approach of low complexity and reasonable robustness.

 



It is quite useful equipment. The clamp may not have the most suitable design, but considering that it was built with materials that would normally go to waste, the results were satisfactory.

Some pictures:







Miscellaneous


Having returned to practicing chemistry as a hobby after so many years has shown me that, unlike what I used to do as a teenager, some aspects of safety need to be observed more rigorously. My next goal is to build a small fume hood. Nothing too elaborate, since I currently don't have the space necessary to set up an adequate laboratory, but a structure that is capable of capturing potentially harmful gases for the operator and / or whose disposal without prior treatment would be environmentally irresponsible.

This was also the first narrated video I made. It was a little disappointing to realize that my spoken english is still quite primitive. However, I don't think that much can be done besides forcing me to write and speak in this language. Certainly more fluency in pronunciation will come over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment